The holiday season is coming, and the interest level in wines is growing. So naturally, wine enthusiasts will be looking to get their hands on some of the most popular wines, such as Chardonnay, Moscato, and Sauvignon Blanc. However, according to a survey held recently, another wine has joined the popular list called Riesling.
YouGov published the survey and discovered that Riesling is the fourth most popular wine in the world. A wine brand called Relax Riesling has also recently seen success. The cool label and blue-colored design of the Riesling make it very attractive. This wine is a trend changer, as the young generation is attracted towards it.
Recently there has been a push towards making wine drinkable, accessible, and trendy in many countries. For example, many festivals are being held in Canada that showcase the different wines, grapes, labels, and much more. Andre Mack, a sommelier based in Napa Valley, says that minority groups should be a part of the winemaking process, making winemaking appealing and diverse.
High-end winemakers are constantly trying to break down barriers. For example, Jacques Alexandre Azoulay and Scott Glauber from New York are trying to bring French wines into the market. However, there is still a problem; most wine drinkers are incapable of judging the quality of the wine, so they don’t know which wines are worthy of their investment.
Several good-quality wines are available in the market; however, we are giving you these reviews for the purpose of clarity. Before buying popular wines, we first to need to investigate where they are come from and who manufactures them.
Table of Contents
What is Riesling wine?
Riesling wine originated in Germany; it mostly has citrus notes; however, it may also contain pineapple, apricot, and Meyer lime notes. Some Riesling wines come with floral fruit notes as well, such as jasmine pears and apples. The acidity in the wine is high; it has a dark yellowish color and usually has a sweet flavor, but the flavor varies.
This wine can also be paired with different foods such as vegetables, meat varieties, and cheese. Wine drinkers who have had Riesling have said that the wine has a crispy texture and is juicy. Although the wine originated in Germany, it was later produced by other nations such as America, New Zealand, Australia, and Austria.
The flavor of the Riesling wine is diverse, as the notes of the wine are derived from several flavors, and you can also find Riesling blends in the market. Before serving Riesling, make sure that it is chilled beforehand.
However, dry Riesling is best served warm. Riesling wine is also known to have a strong structure, as it has a long fermentation process and contains high levels of alcohol. Riesling is usually aged fifteen or twenty years, but younger versions of Riesling are usually preferred. A Riesling that hasn’t aged has a bright color and is more approachable.
How Long Does Relax Riesling Last?
Relax Riesling and other varieties of Riesling have a lot in common; they are all durable types of wine. The Relax Riesling can last in a cooler for a week; however, the sooner you drink it, the better. The best coolers or racks often place the bottle on a downward angle, ensuring that the moisture of the wine is preserved. If the bottle is not placed at this angle, the wine can be spoiled.
The best-storing temperature for wine, regardless if it’s unopened or opened, is usually cool temperatures. However, wines that have mint or smoky hints in them can also be stored in warmer conditions. Some wines can thrive in temperatures of over 65 degrees Fahrenheit; however, Red wines are usually stored at 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- White Wine: 48 to 52 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sparkling Wine: 50 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit
- White Wine (Aged): 58 to 62 degrees Fahrenheit
- Red Wine (Light): 60 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit
- Red Wine (Full-Bodied): 63 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit
How Much Does it Cost?
The price of Riesling wine is not consistent and is available in many stores nationwide. However, Total Wine sells a 750ml bottle of Riesling wine for $ 8, which makes the wine approachable and accessible.
Is Riesling Wine Vegan?
No. Most wines are made of yeast, and while the filtration process of Riesling Wine does not contain dairy or animal products, it does contain egg whites. Therefore, while Riesling wine does not contain animal products, it can still not be considered 100 % vegan.
What Do Know About Relax Riesling?
Relax Riesling is a winemaking company, and its parent company is Schmitt USA. Schmitt USA also owns other popular wines such as Schmitt Sone Family Wines, Funf Wines, and Thomas Schmitt Private Collection.
- Even though the company sells wine worldwide, it was founded in 1919 to serve wine to the local region. However, in 1934 the company expanded and began serving wine all across Germany. Around 1984, the company had become popular worldwide and was selling wine to several countries.
- According to Schmitt Sone, they are the leading importer of Riesling wine in America. Riesling wine originated in Germany but now has several locations worldwide that handle the import of the wines. In America, the wine is imported in Maryland.
- Each variety of Riesling wine is designed for a specific purpose, and the company takes great pride in producing the wine. The highest quality grape species are picked for the Riesling wine, and customer satisfaction is the key target for Relax Riesling.
Pros and Cons of Relax Riesling Wine
- Relax Riesling is an award-winning variety of wines and usually gets high ratings from customers.
- Company information is easily accessible
- Notes are refreshing and crispy
- Affordable wine
- It can be paired with a variety of foods such as meat, cheese, and seafood.
- Grapes are grown in stale soil, enabling the wine to have a brighter flavor than other wines.
- The quality of Relax Riesling might be lower than other Riesling varieties.
- This wine usually does not go through an aging process and is consumed young.
- Relax Riesling lacks the complex flavor.